BEWARE OF gonyea1320 (#63729)

Old 12-31-2008, 05:28 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I don't blame the buyer for being upset here.

I'd do the right thing by the seller refunding his money and take the parts back<< Thats the right thing to do.

Personally I wouldn't accept parts like that neither.I just nip it in the bud and always buy new now,I been there and already done this and got burnt once real good.

Jr do the right thing,Mike already said he'd send the parts back on HIS dime.Man up

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/13993...-BALANCER.html

This is unacceptable and not in GOOD shape.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:55 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

oops dbl posted, sorry... ops: ops: ops: ops: ops:
Old 12-31-2008, 05:56 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I agree, totally unacceptable condition. Even if it was not packed sufficiently, THIS type of damage could NOT happen from being dropped or recklessly handled in transient. THESE are definitely aged hammer dents. This part would have to be GIVEN away at a swap meet. IMHO
Old 01-01-2009, 03:49 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Parts

X2 MissDD
Old 01-01-2009, 05:08 AM
MManer
APPRENTICE

Guy's I appreciate the help,but I'm afraid we've heard the last from Ralph Leo Gonyea Jr. From the items he sold, to the absurd stories he invented on how the damper was damaged. I think it very unlikely that he would have the spine to do the right thing.

I also made the "classic" mistake of not getting pictures of the items upfront. I have always had such good luck dealing with gearheads,that I just didn't think it was nessasary. I won't make that mistake again.

I may work with scorpian,as he has generously offered his assistance with possibly filing a small claims case against him.

I would like to ask that any of you that ever see him selling items again,post a warning, to his potential victims if possible. I will post his screen names that I have found him using below. Thank you again for your support.
Mike

Ralph Leo Gonyea Jr
Ph# 240-315-5641
Ebay ID: gonyea1320
Email: [email protected]
Racing Junk ID: gonyea1320 #63729
Old 01-01-2009, 09:53 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Mike
A couple things to do for you.This will get his attention.

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/13993...-BALANCER.html

On the link I posted,go to it.Click on report of the sale,fill out all the proper info to FLAG RJ.

After that

Go click on report this add as inappropriate and fill out the info and tell PJ to come in here to this thread and check out the pictures and what Mr.Gonyea says

Mr Gonyea clearly misrepresented what he was selling here.Cause that stuff looks and smells like JUNK

Like someone said earlier,you couldn't give this stuff away at a swap meet

Mr Gonyea do the right thing here and give Mike his money back and be done with it.

I message him hopefully he will come back and make things right Mike.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:21 PM
MManer
APPRENTICE

Just wanted to add this link, I found it while checking out another seller before buying some parts. Apparently this is pretty common behavior for JR Gonyea or Ralph Leo Gonyea from Mt. Airy,MD. to be selling junk parts.
Mike

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=6466
Old 01-13-2009, 12:31 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Originally Posted by dparker
My first response to the pic of the dampner was Dammnn!!! Looks like hammer marks to me. Maybe he sent you the wrong balancer. But come on scorpion to sue is over the top. Its not an item I would want on my car, but he didn't go into detail on it either. His idea and mine would be totally different on good shape. Here's his ad:

I HAVE 2 BALANCERS 1 IS A B.H.J INTERNAL AND 1 IS A ATI EXTERNAL BOTH IN GOOD SHAPE WITH SFI STICKERS $125.00 EACH OR BOTH FOR $200.00 PLUS 9.95 SHIPPING

I think he should refund the money just to be honorable. But to sue over this is ridicules!!!!!!!!
Dparker-

There is dialogue between these two parties. As I alluded earlier if Mr. Maner can prove he got screwed, I said I would help, and the same offer would extend to you Mr. Parker.

Thats what small claims court is for. It costs about $25 to file your suit in MD and for an extra $15.00 you can have the sheriff deliver the subpoena to the defendant-preferably at their place of employment.

Let me ask you this-is a trip to court worth it if it saves YOU from being the recipient of buggered up parts in the future? or a member of the racing community?

Some things you do over principle not dollars.

Been to small claims court and have 100% success record and it wasnt over the cash-it was because some joker thought he could pull a fast one-

Bet he thought otherwise when the garnishment hit his check.

M Maner- if you want to pursue and you have reasonable proof that you wre screwed, i'll help because maybe it will protect the next guy and thats worth it.

Your call PM me if you need help.

Scorp
I stand corrected Scorp. You were right, on this deal I think he needs to be sued if nothing else to show him not everybody will turn the other cheek. Hope you accept my retreat and I hope you can help Mike make this right. ops:
Old 01-13-2009, 12:56 PM
flipper59
JUNIOR BUILDER

Stunts such as this makes it hard for all of us today who are trying to deal straight up. I don't really trust anyone any more that i don't know personally that is selling a used racing product.
What is our Nation coming to be?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gonyea1320
I JUST GOT BACK FROM A HOLIDAY VACATION AT SEA WHEN I FOUND MR.MANER HAD CALLED MY CELL PHONE AND LEFT MANY THREATS WE ALL KNOW NO PHONE SERVICE AT SEA. I WANT TO START BY SAYING
THAT THE PARTS I SOLD WERE GOOD PARTS AND AS DISCRIBED. THESE PARTS WERE ON AN ENGINE I RAN FOR TWO YEARS AT IHRA EVENTS. THEY WERE TECK INSPECTED AND PASSED. I HAVE SOLD A LOT OF PARTS ON THIS SITE NEVER ANY JUNK. THE ENGINE WAS ASSEMBLED BY JEFF TATLOR RACE ENGINES I DON'T THINK THEY WOULD BEAT A BALLANCER ON AN ENGINE. THE COUNTER WEIGHT WAS DRILLED FOR BALANCING AND PASSED IHRA.CERTIFICATION. THE BALANCER FACE WAS MESSED UP FROM A CRANK TRIGGER HUB MOUNTED ON IT BUT NEVER BEATEN WITH A HAMMER. I TOLD HIM HE COULD CALL ATI THEY WOULD POSSIBLY GIVE HIM A NEW STICKER FOR THERE PRODUCT. THESE PARTS WERE SOLD AS IS IN USED CONDITION NOT NEW.
Mr. Gonyea-

Hate to put a DAMPER on your new year, but I provided all the necessary court info to the guy you sold junk to. I will gladly take his Power of Attorney for the opportunity to let an out of town individual pursue you in state.

It would be prudent for you to rectify the situation with the buyer,

Scorp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -