bad deal with raceface02!

Old 12-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

And FYI nothing you do will STOP scammers, however once an account is proven to be a scammer, or suspected of such, there could be more dont to prevent them from FUTURE scams by removing their current ads. I honestly dont understand how the guy selling beat motors and proven to be doing such, has been allowed to continue to run ads on here, despite multiple threads on him. As soon as somone suspects him as being the guy from the previous scams, i believe his name was Carl, he should be blackballed. Same thing for the guy with the Kirky seat who obviously is a deadbeat, and yet is still allowed to have several other ads running on the main site. To me, it dont make any sense, but perhaps once again, I am the only one who sees it that way?
Old 12-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Ok julian i agree with part of what your saying :!: But what about say the ''littlerod'' clan where they have up to 5 different names :?: They bounce right back again :!: Some in Tenn and some in Miss :!: So now what :?:
Thats a completley different topic all together, but as soon as someone has an issue with a deal on one of their accounts, and reports it, the same process should go into effect.

Example:

Littlerod post up an add selling a Kirky racing seat, and receives the money, but never ships it (exactly like the other thread right now) and is reported to RJ. All of the ads he currently has running under that account, should be immediately yanked, so he can not keep collecting peoples money for the same items he is selling and not shipping.

It really does not matter how many accounts a person has, their IP address can be blocked or banned from posting ads. So once your proven to have scammed once or are under scrutiny, your IP address should be blackballed.

Its very a simple process really and I can not see why anyone would NOT agree with me on this? It honestly doe not make sence to allow someone who took money for a product and did not deliver it to continue to run several other ads. Its not rocket science man.....

Youll never stop the scammers completely, but you could make it very hard for them, cause as of right now Its pretty simple to run a scam on here if you wanted.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by Tod74
I THINK YOU GUYS ARE MISINTERPERATING WHAT Julian IS SAYING.

I think he just means,do something to stop/prevent KNOWN SCAMMERS from striking again because there are many members that do not read the forum so they do not know that CARL REED is a crook. etc. You know, be PROACTIVE not REACTIVE.

I'm not saying it would be easy,just pointing out my take on his posts.
I guess you and I are the only 2 on the same page, cause the few other people seem to fail to comprehend what I'm saying and just selectively reading and interpreting what they see fit.

I honestly dont understand why the same 2 or 3 people keep getting their panties in a twist every time I post something and read way further into it than they need to.

I made a suggestion how to prevent a scammer from getting away with multiple scams but hey, what do I know. :roll:
Old 12-25-2010, 12:27 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Julian i am sure PJ has thought of just about everything to stop this from happening :!: But you have to see his side of this there are legal issuses involved also :!: It is very difficult to just BLACKBALL someone :!: And i can't blame him for not wanting to put his neck on the chopping block and hope is head doesn't get chopped off :!: It is easy to sit here throwing out suggestions but he own's this site and it is his neck on the block not your's ''Tod's'' or mine or anyone else on here :!: :!:

JMO Mark
Old 12-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I am not going to get in a pissing match with you :!: :!: You have allready ran one good one off from here :!: I just want to know what your answer to stopping scammers is :!: That's all :!:

JMO Mark

I think the forum members do a pretty good job as is.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:47 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

That's it :!: That's the best you can come up with :?: :?:

JMO Mark
Old 12-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

That's it :!: That's the best you can come up with :?: :?:

JMO Mark
How about this:

You go back to school and learn some reading COMPREHENSION SKILLS you ******** ****.

I never agreed with him on his suggestion that RACING JUNK step in.

I sent you a pm but if you want to pick at me in the open forum so be it.

Edited by Bjuice 12/25/10
Old 12-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Julian i am sure PJ has thought of just about everything to stop this from happening :!: But you have to see his side of this there are legal issuses involved also :!: It is very difficult to just BLACKBALL someone :!: And i can't blame him for not wanting to put his neck on the chopping block and hope is head doesn't get chopped off :!: It is easy to sit here throwing out suggestions but he own's this site and it is his neck on the block not your's ''Tod's'' or mine or anyone else on here :!: :!:

JMO Mark
What Legal issues could possibly arise from him removing ads posted by people who are breaking the law and robbing people of their money?Please expound? If any legal issues would arise it would be for him NOT removing ads from known scammers, cause I know if I fell victim to someone who was a known scammer on this site for several years and was allowed to continually run ads, I definitely would implicate the Website in any Civil or Criminal proceedings, for negligently not protecting me from the known scammer or taking reasonable appropriate actions to deter it.

Removing the ads would clearly be the responsible and moral thing to do, and no one would agree otherwise.

Clearly your simply grasping at straws at this point, just to disagree with me and tell me my idea would not work, when in fact it is a very good idea and was probably thought of by PJ, but he just dont give a crap cause either way RJ is making money on memberships. So deal at your own risk.

The way I see it, if RJ is making a profit from running an advertisement section on this site, then they have an obligation to step in and take action when someone is using their site to commit grand larceny theft.

However Racing Junk is a privately owned website, and they have their own Terms of Use, which in my opinion, a scammer would be violating by their actions, so there would be no legal ramifications for removing any ads or blackballing any IP address.

Now it is my opinion that if PJ and RJ staff can take the liberty to go through someones photo albums and delete pictures that someone deems offensive, they can surely remove or freeze adds without any back lash from anyone.

But keep trying, I can do this all day.....No one has of yet cam up with a valid argument for NOT removing the known and proven scammers ads and accounts.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Maybe PJ needs to come on here and explain, I am sure there is more to it than any of us could possibly have knowledge of...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by harbone66
Maybe PJ needs to come on here and explain, I am sure there is more to it than any of us could possibly have knowledge of...
If I gave a crap as to what you had to say, my reply might go something like this:

PJ owns the forum and has the right to banish, revoke,remove,or block any members, ads, pictures,posts, ect that he sees fit on his privately owned and operated website.

I like RJ, and have been a member for a while, and have met some cool people on here,but have yet to do any actual business transactions with anyone other than in person trades.

I do feel RJ could step in and take a more proactive as well as reactive role towards members who are taking advantage of other members or committing outright fraud and theft. There is no harm in policing your own website, and Im sure the honest people of RJ would have no issue with it.

Why should we make it easy for the scammers to scam? Its cut and dry, someone advertises something, takes someones money and never delivers a product and it is proven, their ads,account and IP should be deleted and blocked. Its a real simple concept to grasp folks.

If a person can be banned from a forum for telling a moderator to go blow smoke where the sun dont shine, then Im pretty sure outright theft would be a banishable offense on any forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -