bad deal with raceface02!

Old 12-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
nah i know where mark works heck right now out of the regulars its me who is the bum whos on here all hours of the day and night so if ya wanna rag on some one bring it to me
Just for reference, I been on RJ a few years, and had a few ads listed, did a few trades, and did not know about this forum until about 2-3 months ago, never cam on here. i would say 80-90% of RJ members dont come on here. So us bitching about scammers on here and not taking any action against their accounts really is not doing a darn thing to help the rest of the members.
You need to do some back reading, there are many a scammers been brought to justice on this forum! They have been ashamed to the point of reimbursement or have brought to the attention of the law with the assistance of forum members like Scorp. There is no way to get them all but this forum does a lot more than "not doing a darn thing to help the rest of the members"

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I THINK YOU GUYS ARE MISINTERPERATING WHAT Julian IS SAYING.

I think he just means,do something to stop/prevent KNOWN SCAMMERS from striking again because there are many members that do not read the forum so they do not know that CARL REED is a crook. etc. You know, be PROACTIVE not REACTIVE.

I'm not saying it would be easy,just pointing out my take on his posts.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:59 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I got it julian maybe RJ could get everyone that places a ad to fill out a questionaire something like this :!:

Name
Address
Phone number
Item for sale/trade
Are you a scammer yes/no
Has any member of your family scammed anyone yes/no
If the answer to 5 or 6 is yes sorry you can't place this ad go to another site.

Think this might work :?: ANSWER---- NO :!: :!: :!: :!:

OK TOD GIVE US YOUR INPUT HOW WOULD YOU STOP IT :?: YOU SEEM TO HAVE THE ANSWER'S :!: :!:

JMO Mark
Old 12-25-2010, 08:00 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Ok julian let me ask you something in defense for RJ :!: When a person makes a ad how in the world is RJ to know they are a scammer or is going to scam someone at the time they place the ad :?: How is this possible :?:
X2...And to rj's credit, when us forum members have found adds that smelled like scams rj has taken a closer look at them and have pulled those adds as a result of the work of us forum members. Last year two guys that thought they would get away with scamming here ended up in jail as a result of the work & coaching of forum members. one that comes to mind is MIKE2124 FOR SCREWING THECURTI ON A GO CART.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:25 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

also remember HARBONE66's great work on the racehoward (racecoward) scam network. that resulted in a crap boat of scam adds being taken down, scammers even sent him a threating letter as a thank you for his great work.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I flag ads on a daily basis, PJ comes over here and reads this forum and has used that to remove known scammers. We all arent just sittin around bitching...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I got it julian maybe RJ could get everyone that places a ad to fill out a questionaire something like this :!:

Name
Address
Phone number
Item for sale/trade
Are you a scammer yes/no
Has any member of your family scammed anyone yes/no
If the answer to 5 or 6 is yes sorry you can't place this ad go to another site.

Think this might work :?: ANSWER---- NO :!: :!: :!: :!:

OK TOD GIVE US YOUR INPUT HOW WOULD YOU STOP IT :?: YOU SEEM TO HAVE THE ANSWER'S :!: :!:

JMO Mark
I am not going to get in a pissing match with you over something silly.

I did not say I have an answer to the problem.I did not say you could stop it. In fact,I think It would be difficult/impossible.

I just made a statement of opinion on what I thought Julian was trying to say,because I think you guys may have taken his comments wrong.I did not read his statement as an attack on forum members or that he was saying all we did was bitch.I also did not think he was insinuating that the forum doesn't bring scammers to justice. Maybe I read his post wrong and you are correct. Maybe he was saying all we do is bitch and that the forum doesn't bring justice. MAYBE...but I don't think so.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Ok julian let me ask you something in defense for RJ :!: When a person makes a ad how in the world is RJ to know they are a scammer or is going to scam someone at the time they place the ad :?: How is this possible :?:
Ok, Ill explain what I mean once again Since you seem to have an issue comprehending what Im saying.

1) Someone comes on the forum and cries foul and reports a scammer, and pretty much proves his case.

2) report the scammer to RJ and Admins immediately either on here or through the main site.

3) RJ would then remove all of the ads in question and blocks that particular user from posting any more ads until the matter is resolved.This protects anyone else in the meantime from falling victim to the same scammer and his ads.

I really fail to see what is so complicated about this that several of you can not understand? If you can go through the trouble of tracing down a guy from past scams and have his name, and the case is pretty much proven that the guy is a scammer, then certainly you all can comprehend the simple 3 step process I just explained.

Obviously whatever process is being used is not working because I still see several ads in effect for most of the major scammer threads
Old 12-25-2010, 12:08 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I am not going to get in a pissing match with you :!: :!: You have allready ran one good one off from here :!: I just want to know what your answer to stopping scammers is :!: That's all :!:

JMO Mark
Old 12-25-2010, 12:11 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Ok julian i agree with part of what your saying :!: But what about say the ''littlerod'' clan where they have up to 5 different names :?: They bounce right back again :!: Some in Tenn and some in Miss :!: So now what :?:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -