Tom Jones AKA Tomsrods is a scammer

Old 01-22-2011, 01:10 PM
jacksrides
SHOW GUEST

Tom, i have been following this all day and did a little research. I do know the jones act for rivermen. If you need my services just give me a ring. I would be more than happy to assist you in this matter.
If all post statements are correct and I could contact R.J. on your behalf i will be able to pull all of them from both sides.
It do not look like Mr. Bart has a leg to stand on. No one picture alone stands for a sell, statements made about a sell do.
In fact if everything is correct Mr. Bart could owe you for your troubles and on the Chevy.
The only misleading thing I have found is to be from Mr. Bart.
The tractor was his at the time for repairs to be made after he accepted the trade, your ad has nothing said that it is not your tractor just what your tractor had. His ad did say it was street legal with or without the running drivetrain it should be as he says.
Give me a call or run over.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:27 PM
dthotrods
JOURNEYMAN

lively
we did not trade on that post of the ad, i was at work and just showed a pic of a tractor that looked like mine except mine looked better, get the ad #'s from the post on here. the tractor we traded on was the ad from dec 30th / we traded on jan 1st on the same ad. the same tractor i had that was taken in the snow. i never said it was mine either not once.
he knew this the whole time also, he is just looking for some kinda reason for blame, i never started bitching about nothing until he said something on here. if he didnt want to do a trade or he didnt like what he seen then he shouldnt have traded me, also he seen the tractor i del.

bart the reason i deleted the other ad on the chevy was nothing was true about what you said on it. the engine i have now for it would make yours out like dirt anyways
Old 01-22-2011, 01:28 PM
SUPERBARTMAN
MASTER BUILDER

Default Tom Jones AKA tomsrod is a scammer, false advertisement

Lively,

You are absolutely right.
I let my guard down and since Lying Tom was so smooth, some of it got past me. I have to tell you this guy is very believeable and good at what he does. He is a true professional scammer.

I only travel in 1's and I should have made a point to go drive the tractor in the middle of the night, wake my neighbors, get soaked in the cold 30 something degree rain and checked it out. The tractors are twins! Just one is an ugly twin that is 2 years older. I might have not noticed the difference under these conditions. But I might. Had I driven it, I would have noticed that the 4 wheel drive unit was jammed in 2 wheel drive and would not come out. I did question the tires showing more wear that the tractor in the picture. Lying Tom assured me the tractor had only been used for mowing grass. Yes I do have a weak point sometime that I believe most people are good and will do the right thing. And I still and always will believe that. Sometimes it cost me but I would rather be a people person than the other type. This one so far has cost me $1055.

Tom proudly posted another ad on here that show's that he is using my picture. He mentioned the ad no. a couple of threads ago. This is not a picture of the car as he owns it now but the picture I used in my ad's. Here he goes again. I told him he does not have my permission to use my picture. He is still misleading, misrepresenting and can't quit scamming.

You are also right about "Bait and Switch"! It is scamming. And Lying Tom is a scammer. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM
SUPERBARTMAN
MASTER BUILDER

Lively,
Tom
's tractor looked better
I hate to quote Tom. It cost me $50 every time I do.

ad. 2066300 The tractor Tom advertised as being his but belonged to Abele Tractor and Equipment in Albany Ny.

ad. 2083774 This was truly Tom's tractor and the broken one he delivered to me.

Lying Tom is trying to convince us that his tractor looked better. Pretty slick huh and it is right in front of our eyes. Is he believable of not! You be the judge

Wonder what color he would slay a pink elephant was. I know, I know! It's Massey Ferguson red. Right, right!
Old 01-22-2011, 01:41 PM
dthotrods
JOURNEYMAN

what do you mean bart this isnt the same car? you sure? when did you say that i couldnt use this pic also? it is my car now so how am i doing something wrong? its the same pic that you used saying it was a street legal car right? so whats diff about it? please tell me? could it be because it is street legal now? but if you want i can take off the picture if you would ask me to do so.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:43 PM
dthotrods
JOURNEYMAN

im done have fun guys. this is stupid. lol
Old 01-22-2011, 02:52 PM
SUPERBARTMAN
MASTER BUILDER

There you go putting words in my mouth. What color is a pink elephant Lying Tom?

I will come and see you in jail Lying Tom.

I mean "Left handed salute". Aye, aye C A P A T A I N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 04:03 PM
racefan55
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

"""" I will take the 69 Camaro any day. Want to trade me one to a broken down donkey, tractor? I promise it will be fixed!""""""

no rednova or bart or whatever name u go by at this time.. i dont want to trade with you, because im sure within a couple days you will call me crying.. i dont baby trade..
Old 01-22-2011, 05:49 PM
SUPERBARTMAN
MASTER BUILDER

racefan55,

Thanks for your interest in my scam. Hopefully I can return the favor someday when I don't have anything else to do. Sounds like you just need to trade with Tom Jones, " tomsrod". He can make whatever you want any way you want it. It's just a matter of words and pictures. He has a nice 66 Chevy 11 for sale or trade right now. I believe the ad he gave on here is 2106648. The picture of the car is mine and it looks great.

The only problem is I didn't give him permission to use my picture. The other problem is The Chevy 2 doesn't run 8 sec. quarter miles anymore as he had previously advertised. It never has or will it ever run a quarter in the 8's on the small tires, slapper bars and stock suspension front and back. It is a beautiful car and i am very proud of my paint on it. Tom also stated in another ad that the paint was 1 1/2 years old. Not so but when I confronted him about the lie he tried to say I said it was a year old. I did not. The ironic thing here is that I would rather have a 10 year old paint job that looks like that than a brand new paint job. It shows my bodywork is excellent and lasting too. Tom is not smart enough to figure this out.

Good luck and happy trading.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:04 AM
SUPERBARTMAN
MASTER BUILDER

racefan55

I had emailed a response to this person and asked him to bring it forward for the general scammer forum to see and so far he has not done so. The only thing he has done is asked me not to email him. It's ok for him to come on my thread and express his ignorant bs opinions but he don't want to hear a response from me. Go figure!

My first response was in regard to him making statements about my advertising my Chevy 11 as street legal. His opinion was that even though I traded the Chevy 11 as a rolling chassis it would still have to be street legal as I had advertised. Not possible. You can't push a shell of a car, roller down the street and call it street legal. They will arrest you for that. The other thing was that Tom had complained about a couple of minor things on the Chevy 11, holes in the bottom of the firewall. Yes there were where the MSD was mounted. Second problems with the wiring on connection on the headlights and later it became problems with one headlight. This is a 45 year old car and Tom did help some in removing the engine. A 30 minute job took over 2 hrs. beacause of the oil pan on the Chevy 2 would not clear the drag link on the car. It's just the way they are built. I pulled my engine apart and gave Tom the oil pan, oil pump and sending unit that I had paid over $400 for. Yes I gave it to him so his engine instillation would go easier. Tom was real rough with the engine in the small part he played in helping and jammed it several times into the firewall scraping the paint off etc. We could have bumped the headlight wires at this time too. Who knows, its midnight on a dark cold rainy night. I had been working in my garage all day and now half the night because Tom chose to come at night instead of the next day as we had agreed. I could have sent him back and next time a scammer wants to come in the middle of the night, I will.

I conclude that a rolling chassis, shell can never be considered street legal.

My ad and contract was altered when Tom agreed to accept the Chevy 2 not as I had advertised it but as a shell with only the radiator and driveshaft and headers to go with the shell. That was all he requested. The trans. was origionally part of the deal but I payed Tom $200 cash for it and gave him a more streetable converter to replace the one in the car.

The Chevy 11 was in street legal conditon as my ad stated prior to Tom altering my contract ad and and taking a roller, (shell). It would have remained in street legal cond. as I had advertised had I sold or traded the car whole! Tom did try to trade me an old worn out 350 engine to replace the $10000 engine I had in the car. I told him my engine alone was worth more than his tractor and NO.

The second message was that racefan55 messaged me not to email him. My response was and is that he came onto my thread uninvited and expressed his ignorant opinions then basically he would hear from me. I basically told him to stay off If he did not want to hear from me. It is easy for him to sit back and express his bs opinions when I was the one who got scammed and would have to pay the expense to repair the tractor.

By the bay Tom kept rambling that I had the tractor for 2 days before i contated him. Not true. Tom left my house after 1 AM in the morning Sun. and would get home around 6 or 7. I don't work on Sun. but I did start the tractor and thought I could hear a noise in the trans. To be shure I later took the tractor for a little drive on the asphalt in front of my house. The tractor would not go in 4 wheel drive as the lever was jammed in and would not move. Once on the asphalt and in high gear the trans. began to scream like a bad ring and pinion. Driving a tractor on asphalt or concrete is the only way to test them when yous suspect a problem. Driving them in the grass will only cushion and absorb some of the noise when there is a problem. I have owned and operated tractors and equipment most of my adult life. I am retired but still do most of my repair on them and work alone. When it becomes physicall impossible I have to farm it out as i have here. I didn't call Tom on Sun. as I told him, out of courtesy and the fact that I knew that he and his brother in law Johnny wouldn't get home until early Sun. morning and would probably be sleeping most of the day. Tom won't answer his phone most of the time anyway. I also decided I would get a professional opinion on the problem before I called Tom. Mon. morning early I loaded the tractor and took it to a dealer about 30 mile away. Two tractor mechanics tried to get it in 4 wheel drive and couldn't . They road tested it in their parking lot and heard the loud screaming noise. They concluded that it could be a bad ring and pinion and that they would have to pull the tractor apart and that it could be a broken trans. also. They would not know or could they give me a price to fix it until they could break it apart. They did indicate that it would be very expensive as they get $40 each and hour for their labor. It would be 2 weeks before they could even take it in and check it out for repair. I returned home and it was around noon or a little after when I called Tom. I told him I did not call him Sun. because I knew he would be sleeping all day and I wanted to get the tractor checked out by a professional before calling He stated that he did not know anything was wrong with the tractor and that he had told me he did not know much about tractors. I told him I was going to get another opinion and wanted him to cover the repair. He never said no but he never agreed either. I figured he was waiting to hear what the problem was. I didn't mention his scamming or fraudlent ad. I was trying to give him a chance to come clean and cover the repair and i would probably just let the rest go.

Bottom line, it is now 3 weeks later and the tractor is still in the shop being repaired. Their conclusion by the wear on the trans shaft is that the tractor has been broken for some time, operation of the tractor had continued under these broken conditions and that much wear would take a long time as the trans. shafts and gears were incased in oil. and under pressure. Presently the bill is $1055 and not counting any of the expense I concurred towing the tractor what is now around 100 miles and I haven't picked it up yet. They also stated, the bill may be more if they have to pull the trans. completely dissemble the trans. on the bench to replace the damaged and worn shaft.

I had the tractor for a day and a half before contacting Tom., not 2 as he keeps stating. Either way the time is trivial except that i couldn't get the tractor checked out on Sun.

My whole purpose on being on here is just warn others about this scammer. I know now he is not man or trustworthy enough to cover the expense or admit what he did. They never do. I will pay for the repair of the tractor next week and bring it home.

I will let the (IC3) deal with Tom. You guys keep trading and remember that there are agencies who deal with internet scammers and fraud.

Use them.

Thanks, Bart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -