I HAVE BEEN HAD BY A THEIF

Old 03-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Sox
CRAFTSMAN

I called and left a message and e-mailed you for you to give me your address.As soon as I get it Ill call Jegs right away.If I had known about the motor I would have not sold it.Lesson learned by both of us.As for getting in touch with you I was not really in a position to contact you from the hospital I was under alot of meds.As soon as I got home today thats when I got on here and started damage control.As far as Im concerned this is a dead issue.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:10 PM
RS69RACE
SHOW GUEST

Default 355 motor

Ok , got your e-mail, you have the address , now send the bearings and we are good . As far as no answer on the phone ,cell never rang ,business phone never rang and the home phone has an answer machine . One last thing about me trying to get over on you ,I am not that way, never have been, never will be . And it doesn't matter if I live 2 hrs. away or 30 hrs. away . You knew about the issues as soon as I found out . I'm just glad I didn't put it right in my truck . Anyway hope you are doing better and I look forward to getting the bearings so I can continue on .
Old 03-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Sox
CRAFTSMAN

Calling Jegs right now.Lets put it to rest.This forum is like Peyton Place.Everybody so quick to Judge..
Old 03-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

1st quote buyer:
"Tried to give him the benefit of the dought, and to be a man about it . But was told sorry for your luck . His words were what would you like me to do ?I know this isn't the way most racers do each other.

2nd quote seller:
"You can bet this will be the last time I ever buy a motor from someone.I forgot to add that I offered him a spare cam and lifters to help him out. The way I see it he is not telling the whole story.

3rd quote buyer:
"Last I talked to him I tried at least trying to get him to pony up for the bearings and even that fell on deaf ears ."

4th quote seller:
"The guy that bought the motor from me called me and he said to make it right that I should buy him rod and main bearings and I agreed."

Is nice to see you work it out. I learned something too... we should all be ACCOUNTABLE for what we say (in writing publicly) because some people actually remember what others say & can quote you... so in the end, we agree to disagree because someone is not telling the whole truth. Scooter
Old 03-06-2009, 01:16 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

well i have read this thread and i saw sox add about never selling a motor on rj again. all i can say is it sounds to me like sox knew what he was selling wasnt what it should have been. now befor you get all fired up sox in my eyes if you bought it the way it was and took some one elses word for what it was you sure didnt seem very upset about being lied to. you seem to be upset for other reasons. maybe you didnt know that you had been screwed. anybody buying a built motor should remove the oil pan and see what they are getting and anybody selling a motor as a built motor that is intent on being an honest seller would check befor selling as such. posting an add saying youve learned a leason youll never sell another motor on rj doesnt help you look innocent in my eyes. really its none of my buisness either way. i just get tired of the lame excuses i see on the scammers. truth is if you sell it you should know exactly without any doubt what it is or you should advertise it as i know nothing about it.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Sox
Calling Jegs right now.Lets put it to rest.This forum is like Peyton Place.Everybody so quick to Judge..
"So quick to judge"... we can only comment our opinions based on WHAT YOU & THE BUYER SAY??? This is your mess... not ours. Scooter
Old 03-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

exactly what scooter said!
I to got ripped by a guy on a car trade, the supposed engine had 12:1 pistons, scat crank, roller cam, roller rockers. Got the car home and took off the intake and what did I get? stock crank, 10:1 flat tops, hyd cam, etc. Called the guy and got the same excuse "thats what I was told was in the motor from the guy I got it from" The only difference between you and him, he never called me back, never made up the difference, never answered my emails and did not reply back to me until 4 months later and then told me to suck his you know what.
I was commending you on stepping up to the plate, we don't see that on here to often when people get screwed over...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Sox
CRAFTSMAN

Put it to rest guys.I stepped up and made things right.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:52 PM
rapter767
SHOW GUEST

Default 355 motor

Hey SOX

I known rs69race for more than 30 years. He's has help me and more than a dozen other people build and fix there car's and has never asked for anthing in return. Even to the if his car's didn't get the same Love. Please don't call his character into question. His is and has always been a stand up guy.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Sox
CRAFTSMAN

He questioned my Character and I have the right to defend myself.Like I said I made things right so let it go for Gods sake.Stop beating a Dead Horse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -